Are you ready to make that decision?
To apply for enrollment in the "Becoming a Licensed Tattooist" Program at Back40Tattoo Academy
you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years of age and provide a government issued photo ID for confirmation.
- You must have earned a high school diploma or GED and provide a copy for confirmation.
- Submit a minimum 300 word essay (as a word document) with a compelling statement of why you want to be a tattoo artist and work in the tattoo industry.
- Submit a 10 piece portfolio (as a SINGULAR jpeg or pdf, you may need to format/paste images to one page) of original artwork you have created that displays your creativity and artistic style, multiple mediums are acceptable and highly encouraged.
- 2 letters of recommendation. *One personal, one professional.
- Signed Discrimination policy
All application materials must be attached with these questions and submitted together with the $150 non-refundable application fee to be eligible for enrollment consideration.
Once completed, submit to Back40Tattoo Academy for review.
Upon review, notice will be sent to each applicant regarding denial or acceptance.
After acceptance, a meeting will be scheduled to review the final steps before enrollment and discuss details and any questions you may have.
During the admission interview, you will be asked to debrief your essay and portfolio.
You will also be asked a short series of questions,
we encourage you to bring any questions of your own.
Following your admission interview, you will either receive a denial letter or an
acceptance letter along with enrollment instructions.
If an applicant is denied admission to Back40Tattoo Academy for any reason, they must wait a 90 day period before reapplying. After the third denial, the applicant must wait a 180 day period before reapplying. There is no limit to how many times someone may apply.
For more questions about the application process please contact us.